The House of Mangaldas Girdhardas (MG for short) was the home of Mr. Mangaldas Girdhardas - amongst Ahmedabad's foremost businessmen and philanthropist of the early 20th century. He started his career as a store-keeper in a textile mill. Within a decade, he became its owner and soon after, he was over seeing an empire comprising of a clutch of mills and other related businesses. With his increasing influence in the community, he decided to build a new residence for himself and his family in the year 1924, across from the famous Sidi Sayed Mosque. He died soon after in 1928. By 1950, his entire family moved to another location, leaving this house vacant. A large portion of the house was requisitioned by the government between 1955 and 1960 and the rest was used by the accounts offices of the family. One half of the house, that is covered by bill boards and has not been restored, belonged to his brother, Chimanlal Girdhardas and his descendents continue to be its landlords. In 1994, the House of MG was taken over by Victoria Capital Ventures Ltd., a company managed by Abhay Mangaldas, great grand son of MG, for renovation and reuse.