Ranchhodrai Dakor Temple The main temple, enclosed by a fort wall, is situated near the bank of the holy lake Gomti in the midst of the main bazaar of Dakor. The temple is covered with 8 domes and 24 turrets, with the central dome reaching a height of 27m. Crowned with a golden kalash and a white silken flag, this temple is the tallest in the district. Though not very rich in carving, the main cupola derives its influence from the Maharashtrian style of temple architecture. The main hall features paintings depicting events in Lord Krishna’s life.
It is believed that Ranchhodji, a name for Lord Krishna meaning "he who left the battlefield", inspired Gopal Jagannath Ambekar, a shroff of a Peshwa’s court in Poona, in a dream to build a vast and magnificent temple. The temple was built in 1772 A.D. The main Ranchhodrai idol is in black touchstone, 1m tall and 45 cm in breadth, richly adorned with gold, jewels and expensive clothes. Its throne, an ornate masterpiece of woodcarving plated in silver and gold, was presented by the Gaekwad of Baroda.