Bhujia Hill Fort - Bhuj
Walking around Bhuj, it is set against the dramatic backdrop of Bhujio Hill. The city of Bhuj got its name from the Bhujio Fort. Roa Godji built the Bhujio Fort for the defence of Bhuj in 1723. It is named after Bhujang Naag, the snake temple. British Colonel William Coir took over the fort in 1819. The entire big fort is built on top of hills, 160 metres high and it was mainly built for the purpose of defence against invaders.