Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nehru Gate

Nehru Gate

Nehru Gate before Earthquake
Nehru Gate
In 1925 it was inaugurated by Sir Lloyd , British Governor of Bombay, and was named ‘Llyod Gate’. After Independence
it was renamed as ‘Nehru Gate’. In past it was the main gate of Morbi Kingdom so it’s also famous as ‘Nagar Darwaza’. The Nehru Gate is made out of stone using elements of Rajput architecture with central clock tower.
After the Earthquake most of it’s part was damaged badly. But in 2007, It was rebuilt by Morbi Municipality under the supervision of Hemen Sanghavi and his intern Arpan Raval.

No comments:

Post a Comment