SHRI PARSHWANATH DERASAR, BHILADIYAJI
This famous Jain pilgrimage centre is situated in Banaskantha district, at a distance of 22 kms from Deesa and 55 km from Palanpur (on the Palanpur-Radhanpur Highway). The site has great archaeological importance.
In the past, this pilgrimage centre was known as Bheempalli. Surrounded by forests, it was a bustling town with a large population of Jains and very beautiful Jain temples. There were 125 Jain temples, and an equal number of wells and step wells. Behind one such Jain temple lay the Raj Gadhi, which is now in complete ruins. It is believed that the Jain population left this town shortly before it was burnt in a fire, at the insistence of a Jain muni. They then settled in what is today known as Radhanpur.
Bheempalli lay in ruins for a long time. Another city was built over it in V.S.1872. While building the new city, many old excavations came to light including the Jain temple. What was astonishing was the discovery of the statue of Shri Parshwanath Bhagwan, which was totally intact and completely untouched by the fire and destruction. It is said that this very old and sacred statue of Shri Parshwanath Bhagwan dates back to Samprati Maharaja's time around 1324 AD.
With the permission of the Jain munis, this miraculous statue of Shri Parshwanath Bhagwan was installed in a new Jain temple amidst great pomp and grandeur. The temple has been restored in 2007 AD.
The town of Bheempalli was first renamed Trambavati and later Bhiladiyaji.
According to legend, this place was named Bhiladiyaji because Shrenik Kumar had married a Bhil girl here.
It is connected by rail - the Palanpur Gandhidham train and the Rajasthan Jodhpur train stop here.
There are two spacious Dharamshalas to cater to the needs of the hundred of devotees who arrive every day, where meals are provided to all.